PLEASE CHECK OUR COVID-19 PAGE FOR UPDATES.
The information provided on this website is not a substitute for Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 7 or the Board Policies and Procedures. The Rule and Policies can be found under Governing Authorities.
All applications are for licensing and admission to the bar of Tennessee. Tennessee does not offer courtesy seating for the Uniform Bar Examination. To be eligible for admission by Examination Score, you must meet the eligibility requirements found in Rule 7, Section 1.03. In order to sit for the Uniform Bar Examination in Tennessee, you must meet the education requirements (undergraduate and law school) found in Rule 7, Sections 2.01 and 2.02, and have completed the Application for Admission as provided in Rule 7, Sections 3.01 and 3.03, Board Policies and Procedure, P-3.01 and P-3.03, and paid the application fee on or before the Final Deadline. Step-by-step details are provided in the links below.
Click the link below for “How to Apply” by type of admission:
- How to Apply – First Time Application
- How to Apply – Re-Examination
- How To Apply – Transferred UBE Score
Additional Information regarding Admission and Application Requirements:
- Supervised Practice or Practice Pending Admission
- Laptop Testing
- Non-Standard Testing Accommodations
- Graduates of Foreign Law Schools
- Fees for Admission by Examination Score (Exam or Score Transfer)
- Expiration of Application for Admission by Exam Score
The Examination and Results:
EXAMSOFT FAQ – LINK TO EXAMSOFT PAGE