In order to receive notice of deficiencies in your Request for Non-Standard Testing, you must submit and pay the fee for your Exam Application and submit your Request for Non-Standard Testing with Form 1 or Form 1A by the Initial Deadline (December 1 for the February Exam; May 1 for the July exam). You must submit an application for admission by examination before you submit a Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations.
Non-Standard Testing Accommodations include any accommodation that differs from standard testing, including conditions requiring food, water, and special equipment. See Tennessee Supreme Court Rule 7, § 3.11 and Board Policy P-3.11, with Appendices under Governing Authorities.
- If you require a Courtesy Accommodation, you must submit a Request for Non-Standard Testing in Synergy with your Examination Application, and upload a completed a Form 1A.
- A Courtesy Accommodation is a necessary and reasonable accommodation due to a medical or other condition that does not alter the standard administration of the test but permits otherwise prohibited items or conduct during the examination. Examples of a Courtesy Accommodation can be found on Form 1A.
- You will need documentation to support your Courtesy Accommodation Request from a Qualified Professional.
- A Courtesy Accommodation Request DOES NOT INCLUDE any accommodation that includes extra time or a change in the examination schedule, assistive technology, a separate room, or any other modification of standard testing protocols. For those types of requests, you must complete Form 1.
If you require non-standard testing or courtesy accommodations, you must complete the Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations available in Synergy online (it is on your Dashboard) and provide all information required in the supplemental forms, in addition to completing the First-Time Application for Admission by Examination or Re-Examination by the application Final Deadline.
By submitting a Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations, you agree to the release of the application and attachments to an appropriate professional and agree to appear for assessment, if requested to do so by the Board.
Supplemental forms (NST Forms 2 – 4) are required to be sent to the Board by third parties. The third party may contact the Board at email@example.com for a secure link to upload the document to a secure server. Otherwise, forms from third parties must be mailed so that the forms are received by the deadline. EMAIL OR FAX OF ANY DOCUMENTATION FOR NON-STANDARD TESTING ACCOMMODATIONS IS NOT PERMITTED.
You will need the following documentation on the prescribed forms to complete the application for upload to your REQUEST FOR NON-STANDARD TESTING IN SYNERGY (do not upload these forms to your exam application; select the non-standard testing request on your dashboard):
- A description of your specific disability, when and how it was first identified, and the accommodations you are requesting to ameliorate the effect of the disability (FORM 1 – APPLICANT COMPLETES AND UPLOADS EACH EXAM);
- Information directly from your Qualified Professional received by the TBLE on or before the deadline confirming the need for and type of accommodations and copies of specific testing that has been done to confirm the disability (NST Forms 2A through 2E SENT DIRECTLY TO THE BOARD EACH EXAM to assess the current limitations of the disability); for secure upload of these forms, have your QUALIFIED PROFESSIONAL email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link and instructions; the link will not be provided to Applicants;
- Documentation of any accommodation previously granted by your college, law school, and/or any standardized testing including the MPRE, LSAT, and bar examinations other than in TN (NST Form-3 and NST Form-4) Colleges and Law Schools may contact the Board for a link for secure upload, as well, at email@example.com. For standardized tests and the MPRE, you can upload the letter your received documenting the accommodation granted.
- If a disability requiring accommodation first arises after the deadline for submitting an application for examination, submit through Synergy an Emergency Requests for Accommodations, and all associated forms.
The Final Deadline for filing an application for admission and the deadline for filing a Request for Non-Standard Testing are the same.
- An application for examination or re-examination must be submitted in order to submit a Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations.
- All forms required to be submitted with a Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations must be submitted on or before the final deadline for filing applications. Even if you have finalized your Synergy application, an application may be edited or supplemented by you and is not considered complete until the deadline has passed. You can continue to upload information to your application until the final deadline, including submitting a Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodation that arises after you submit your application but before the final deadline (December 20 for February or May 20 for July).
- You will receive at least one notice of missing items needed for your Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodation if you have submitted a Synergy application in time to meet the Initial Deadline and if you have submitted a Request for Non-Standard Testing Accommodations on or before the Initial Deadline. Staff will try to send notices if you met the Initial Deadline for your Synergy application but did not submit a request for accommodations until after the initial deadline. If you did not meet the Initial Deadline for your Synergy application, you will not receive notice of deficiencies.
- The emergency request for accommodations is to be used ONLY when the need for accommodation arises after the final deadline.
If you use the Google Chrome browser, all forms must be downloaded before it will work as a fillable .pdf.
TO ACCESS FORMS, CLICK HERE